Kiki: Do you think my overalls are too young?
Me: No way! Who’s giving you flack for them?
Kiki: My gma. She says I look like a teenybopper.
Me: You can wear whatever you want! You can wear plungers on your nipples if you want. You just have to own it.
Kiki: Great. Now I’m going to have to pick up some plungers.
- Zombie weather = My personal forecast for when it is warm and half hazy/half sunny outside. No precipitation, although the smell of rain hangs eerily in the air. Thunder, but no lightning to be seen. A strange air, as if a zombie attack were to happen at any moment.
(We have been having a lot of zombie weather lately and I love it. Makes me want to sit inside with all the lights off and have George Romero marathons!)
- Why is it every year this time I want to be blonde? And then it happens and I hate it. What a dumb idea.
- Starting to look my normal skin tone again. The sun is my Prozac.
- Making packing list for AK trip, which I leave for tomorrow. Actual physical packing to commence a half hour before takeoff, as to be expected.
- Spent Sunday with a bunch of marrieds, engageds, divorcees, and children of all of the above. Token single gal watching everyone’s kids as they drink. Also learned I now have FOUR weddings to attend in October, two in the SAME WEEKEND. Seriously people. I can’t afford blenders for all of you, so it looks like you’re going to split a big bag of Halloween candy between everyone, from me. You’re welcome.
- I can’t tell if Manfriend is excited for me to come visit. I remember he once told me he doesn’t feel emotions like “excited.” I, personally, have not slept in a week.
- Rooting through my parents’ garage, I discovered my very first journal from 1987, the cover has a big fluffy white kitty on it and the actual pink plastic book is stuffed with something to make it puffy. Within the soiled pink pages includes: love letters to Joey McIntyre (of NKOTB fame), declarations of my impending stardom, names of each of my pet rats through the years, about ten entries where I am sick with an over 100 degree temperature (Truth? Maybe I was a fairly dramatic child), lists of received Christmas lists (Ozzy Smith Diamond King baseball card had quite a peculiar spelling), and updates of whomever was spending the night that evening or where my own head would lay. And Legos. LOTS of entries about Legos.
- So, when I was young, I would make these really strange Lego houses equipped with bathrooms and such, and use my awesome gray radio slash tape recorder to record my own Lego family soap operas, complete with soundtracks. I found a box of said tapes in my parents’ garage as well, and have yet to listen to them, in fear of anyone else discovering said recordings. I also did this with Barbies, yet they usually turned out to be borderline pornographic. (Sorry, mom.)
- Why hasn’t anyone made a horror movie out of a possessed Teddy Ruxpin doll? My brother once slipped a Slayer tape into my Teddy Ruxpin. I turned it on and was HORRIFIED by what was coming out of Teddy’s mouth! What a smartie he was.
- My absence over the next few days, of course, will be due to me being in the great wilds of AK. On the agenda: kissing Manfriend til he bursts, eating the infamous Seward’s Folly burger in Talkeetna, hopefully thrifting and finding some killer treasures, meeting the fam, watching Manfriend play a few shows, and having the greatest Independence Day a girl could ask for.
Have a great weekend!