- Today I wore heels to work for the first time in eons. My friend gave them to me because they were too small for her, and luckily I have the world’s weirdest feet and they slid in perfectly, even though her foot size is quite a bit different than mine. I have a tendency to put my weight on my heels at times, I don’t know how or when this started but sometimes I feel it is comfortable to lean back on them and balance. Well, wouldn’t you know, SNAP! One of the damn heels broke off. Lo and behold, my old boss had not one, but THREE pairs of three to five inch stilettos in her car. So now I am working all day in a pair of four inch black patent leather pumps. Super cute, super not easy to walk in, even for a veteran of crazy heeled shoes. I’ve gotten a few compliments, which is nice, but have almost ate shit twice in front of a number of people and my pace has slowed to granny status. I’m so out of practice. RIP adorable green slight heeled shoes.
- I sent an email to an amazing chick who I have been internet friends with for years and it totally sounded like a fan letter. FAIL.
- Tomorrow night marks the start of my week long birthday celebration. Black Mountain show and dancing Saturday, river float Sunday, Manfriend comes home Monday night, Sun Valley for STEVE MARTIN on Tuesday, McCall for Manfriend’s show and camping Friday, then Saturday off to Stanley for another Manfriend show and camping until Monday evening. Much needed summery fun. Just thought I’d let you know.
- Kiki is back in party-mode. I repeat, Kiki is BACK IN PARTY-MODE. You don’t know what this means to me, but she does. FINALLY.
- I’m pretty sure I just checked out a children’s book to someone titled “MILF Pie” I hope to Mary I am wrong
- Don’t you hate it when someone is handing you something and they are absolutely NOT paying attention to who or where they are handing it to and they end up shoving it in your face, nose, ta-ta’s, what-have-you? I get this every single day, from over-tired twenty-something moms of six kids and zero brain cells. Then, when they realize what they have done, they don’t apologize, they give me a condescending “thanks” and a look like “Why did you put your face/boobs/eyeball right there when I was handing this to you? What is wrong with you?”
- Kiki brings me a copy of the Ke$ha CD to work to cheer me up on an otherwise mundane day. Coworker puts it in the CD player in the bus and listens to it every day since. He loves it, esp the “Party at a Rich Dude’s House” song. He sends me texts quoting the lyrics.
Texts between the gals
- Me: I am drinking white wine and watching Bridget Jones 2. I skipped 30 and went right to 40. (Ten min later) This movie is pissing me off. Next up: American Psycho
Kiki: Wtf kind of double feature is that? Ha ha.
Me: The kind where I don’t fall asleep weeping.
Kiki: Or have nightmares
Me: No way man. Rom-coms give the worst nightmares cos they are more realistic to think about
- Kiki: I’m picking you up at 6 after work. Something to look forward to ok? Eat with friends and be merry :) A little Ke$ha?
Me: Nah don’t bring her to dinner she never wears pants.